OK, so I was initially going to launch into a long and wonderful story about how I got inspired to start this travel blog.
But then I realized it would be a lot easier for both me and you if I just did this bullet point style. And no, this has absolutely nothing to do with me being lazy. 😉
So here goes…
Why the name ‘MumTravels?’
Yes, it’s not the most exciting name for a travel website.
But hey, it’s short and easy on the tongue, right?
Why did I start this blog?
Mainly because I love documenting all of the amazing places my family and I visit and wanted to share our travel experiences (good and bad) with the rest of the world.
Also, I’ve always enjoyed writing and actually find it pretty therapeutic.
Alright, now for some tidbits about me:
- I’m a thirty-something mum to a totally adorable, extremely intelligent and exceptionally fussy 3 year old boy.
- I’ve been married for 7 years to an absolutely wonderful guy who also happens to be my best friend!
- Some of my passions include travel (obviously), cookery, tech, sports and adventure.
- Kindness, compassion and justice are all values I firmly believe in.
- I absolutely LOVE animals (especially horses and rabbits) but sadly, don’t have the time nor space to keep them as pets. 🙁
- I’m also an ambivert with a pretty good sense of humor (or so I’ve been told).
- Oh and I’ve always been a fan of action movies, although I’ve started appreciating comedies a lot more lately.
Btw, before we wrap up, can I tell you a funny childhood story?
So…one of my best teenage memories is having an all-girl midnight feast with my cousins when we were all around 13-14 years old.
It happened during the weekend, on a Saturday.
We woke up at sharp midnight, quietly snuck downstairs and sneaked back up, arms laden with all kinds of goodies.
We then proceeded to stuff ourselves with chocolate cake, popcorn, chicken nuggets and an array of delicious savory pastries.
It. Was. Brilliant.
Anyway, in the morning, the adults in the house received quite the shock when they opened the fridge and saw that almost everything had been wiped clean.
Of course, when questioned, us gals put on our best innocent expressions, vehemently denied all knowledge of any stolen food and insisted ‘greedy Marmaduke’ (RIP you utterly lovable lazy fat cat) was entirely responsible for all of the damage caused.
My brother later told me we were so convincing, we could have easily won Oscars for best acting. Ha!
And on that note, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and actually read all of my ramblings.
It really means a lot to me. 🙂
Feel free to drop me a message any time you want to – just use the form on the Get in touch page and I shall reply as soon as I can!